Translate

viernes, 4 de noviembre de 2016

VirtualBox Centos 6 problems installing VboxGuetsAditions

Today I have installed a Centos 6 in my VirtualBox machine and i tried to create a shared folder to interchange file between de host and guest machine.







I have tried to add the GuetsAditions "inserting" the CD and installing



When i tried to install the software executing the autorun.sh




I recived in the same window the next error:

Look at /var/log/vboxadd-install.log to find out what went wrong

When I opened the file the error is the next one:

Makefile:181: *** Error: unable to find the sources of your current Linux kernel. Specify KERN_DIR= and run Make again. Stop


The problem is that you not have installed all the linux headers properly in your machine.

I recommend two steps:

1 - yum update 

In order to update all your virual machine specially if have been recently installed.

2 - yum install kernel-devel 

This package provides kernel headers and makefiles sufficient to build modules against the kernel package.

Restart your Centos virtual machine and try to execute again the autorun.sh

Evething works!!!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario